Teacher orientation visits
Orientation programs are conducted at the beginning of every year to support teachers who are planning a school camp.
Total cost for Orientation Program is $140.00 per person for the full weekend and $80.00 per person for Sunday only. Your school will be invoiced for this amount.
This cost provides participants with return water transport, all meals, accommodation, administration costs and equipment hire.
An invoice will be sent out to your school after the Orientation Program.
What to bring to orientation
Please keep baggage to a minimum (one backpack per person is ideal). Bags should contain:
- Data stick
- Clothing (include a raincoat)
- Swimming gear (Stinger Suits are available at the Centre, or BYO)
- Sun Protection (Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- Toiletries (biodegradable products only)
- Pillow and sleeping bag/sheets
- Suitable footwear for bush walking
- Insect Repellent
- Sturdy garbage bags for lining of backpacks
- Water Bottle (min 1 litre).
Paper work required
- Completed medical forms (DOC, 64KB) for orientation program participants (adults).
- Anticipated numbers attending school camp.
What not to bring
- Glow sticks
- Spare set of clothes.
- Fishing and camping knives. If these are required to support a curriculum activity they will be supplied by the centre staff who will supervise their use..
When the tides are low visitors can get wet during loading and unloading of the boat. It is suggested that all visitors bring a spare set of clothes.
School visits for students
Please keep baggage to a minimum (one bag per person is ideal as well as a small backpack), Bags should contain:
- clothing—sunsafe, including a raincoat and
- swimming gear (Stinger Suits are available
at the Centre, or BYO)
- towels x 2
- sun protection (hat—no caps, sunscreen, sunglasses)
- toiletries (biodegradable products if
- pillow and sleeping bag or sheets
- suitable footwear for bush walking
- thongs (not classed as wet shoes)
- ‘wet’ shoes (old pair of joggers or reef
- insect Repellent
- sturdy garbage bags for lining of
- water Bottle (min 1litre)
- camera (optional), charger, batteries
- sun safe clothes and adequate underwear.
Mobile phones not required.